Uwe Dippel wrote:
If now the elitism is great enough to require me to buy 'quality hardware'
(search the archives if in doubt) and run another disk, sorry, but then I'll
take out one of the 2 GB RAM strips, abscond the idea of buying and running
(and powering) another hard drive, and preferably boot to that Efficient Eazel
on the other partition. Because it does all of those salient points further up;
and more importantly, without upgrades of RAM and disks. And when I will miss
my OpenSolaris, I can always start it in VirtualBox.

So your alternative OS will preserve your data if the disk fails. I'm impressed.

--
Ian - who still runs OpenSolaris on a 32 bit laptop with 1GB of RAM.