On 26 Apr 2009, at 20:30, Mark Breecher wrote:

Thanks, I think I'll just download Solaris 10 from sun site instead.

That's fine of course, but it would still be useful if you could tell us what it is specifically that you don't like. The more feedback we have, the better we can make OpenSolaris.

JDS and OpenSolaris are both GNOME desktops, it was just called JDS in Solaris 10 for marketing purposes. So it only takes a couple of minutes' customisation to make one look (very nearly) like the other.

Another option might be to download Sun's Solaris Express distro, which will give you something that looks a lot more like JDS, but with most of the newer technology that's in OpenSolaris:

<http://www.phoronix.net/image.php?id=859&image=sun_sxde70_01>
<http://opensolaris.org/os/downloads/sol_ex_dvd/>

Cheeri,
Calum.