Oliver H. Weiergraeber wrote:
Hello,

since I want to keep my user data from mixing with system files, I have always
created a separate partition for user data (on other unix systems).
What is the best way to accomplish this with opensolaris. Very annoyingly, the
installer has no option to define zfs pools - this is really really strange in
my opinion (Sol10/SXCE are much better here) :(
Should I just use part of the hdd for initial install, and create an additional
partition afterwards? Or can the zfs pools within the fdisk partition be
modified later?

Just create new filesystems in the root pool.

--
Ian.