Rob McMahon wrote:
On 24/05/2009 11:15, Ian Collins wrote:
Oliver H. Weiergraeber wrote:
Hello,

since I want to keep my user data from mixing with system files, I have always created a separate partition for user data (on other unix systems). What is the best way to accomplish this with opensolaris. Very annoyingly, the installer has no option to define zfs pools - this is really really strange in my opinion (Sol10/SXCE are much better here) :( Should I just use part of the hdd for initial install, and create an additional partition afterwards? Or can the zfs pools within the fdisk partition be modified later?

Just create new filesystems in the root pool.

The trouble with this is that the root pool can only be a single partition or that mirrored. If you have 4 disks, and you want the best part of that to be one big pool for user data, what do you do ?

Buy an IDE SD card adaptor and a card!

--
Ian.