> I believe samba has shadow copy support when the backing filesystem is
> ZFS[1]
> Also, solaris cifs server has support for shadow copies since build
> 106[2]
> That is the way to go with CIFS if you're using Windows clients imho.

That would be cool - but it's not showing on my system - I am using samba,
not sun cifs.  Do you have to do anything special to enable it?  Or perhaps
it's just available in a later version (opensolaris) and not available in
solaris 10u6 (solaris 10 10/08)?  I haven't put any effort into finding
these answers myself yet.  Just thought you might know from the top of your
head before I look around...

Thank you...