GDM is running, but no login screen. avahi-bridge-dsd is also running. This may
be because of the increase in the timeout from 30 to 60 seconds. Or, it may be
the dreaded "June 1 " syndrome, or the first Monday of the week (this all
happened yesterday).There was a long thread about this problem some time ago.
Lots of "check this, how much that" but no fix.

--ron