Sounds like your PATH environment variables aren't set up properly.

Check /usr/bin or /usr/sfw/bin for gcc, and update your environment
variable appropriately.

Hope that helps! :)

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 1:24 PM, nitesh<myselfnit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have installed the opensolaris 2009. I am trying to install gcc-4.4.0.
> Whenenver i give command gcc on the comand prompt, it tells me command not
> found.
> from the gcc tar, i am running "configure" it says no compatible c compiler
> found.
> Is any c/c++ compiler is available with this release of open solaris. If yes
> at which location it is located in installation. Or how can i configure it to
> point to the gcc installation, if it is with the OS.
>
> Or from where i can get the gcc compiler installer and how can i install it.
> --

" ' With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech
censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied,
chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron
Satie as wisdom and warning... The first time any man's freedom is
trodden on we’re all damaged." - Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron
Satie, Star Trek: TNG episode "The Drumhead"
- Alex Smith (K4RNT)
- Murfreesboro/Nashville, Tennessee USA