nitesh wrote:
I have installed the opensolaris 2009. I am trying to install gcc-4.4.0. Whenenver i give command gcc on the comand prompt, it tells me command not found.
from the gcc tar, i am running "configure" it says no compatible c compiler
found.
Is any c/c++ compiler is available with this release of open solaris. If yes at
which location it is located in installation. Or how can i configure it to
point to the gcc installation, if it is with the OS.

Or from where i can get the gcc compiler installer and how can i install it.

pfexec pkg install gcc-dev

...is the easiest way to get a working gcc compiler and all of the header files, etc. you need to compile software.

Cheers,
--
Shawn Walker