On Jun 23, 2009, at 10:43 AM, Georg-W. Koltermann wrote:
Thanks for pointing me to meld, but have you used it?

I have.

I don't grok it. The "base" version is in the middle, the "other" version is on the right. When I want to pick something from "other", I have to push it into the middle and then into the left? And all of a sudden it refreshes and looses its mind of what has changed,
it's all colorful?

As you merge the changes it re-evaluates the differences.

And there is not automatic resolution of nonconflicting lines, I have to manually resolve
every single change?

Yes, it is annoying.

I must be stupid.  Or the tool is crap for merging.  Similar findings
(perhaps more polite) at http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/Meld

I enjoy it for diffing, but merging...

I wish for a better tool myself, but it is the best I have found at the moment (which is sad).

Cheers,
--
Shawn Walker