Hello, Neil!

The steps to configure a static IP address are what follows:

a) pfexec svcadm enable physical:default
b) pfexec svcadm disable physical:nwam
c) Open the network administration gui, and configure the static IP
address for your host. Remember to fill all the fields (DNS,
defaultrouter, netmask, AND the hosts file).
d) If you want to check if the changes are stable, reboot your machine.

Best regards,

HeCSa.