Hi,

After updating to snv_118 with package manager I got rid of the obsolete
network service fcoe_config from SMF as directed in the release notes. However,
on restarting I am not able to get as far as GDM loading. The reason is that
HAL is failing to start, giving an exit status 95.

This was happening occasionally on 117 as well (someone in the IRC channel
thought this might be to do with HAL reaching its timeout and giving up). On
117 I could just run 'svcadm clear svc:/system/hal:default' and it would start
up, and gdm would fire up, but on 118 this is no longer happening. The log file
for the hal service doesn't really say anything more than that it exited with
status 95.

I also notice that another serive has failed: system/fcoe_target, which sounds
related to fcoe_config which was obsoleted. I assume this is a separate issue
and wouldn't be causing HAL to fail?

Matt