Matthew Stevenson stated:
< The log file has 4 lines for each time the system boots, for example:
<
< [ Jul 17 22:00:33 Enabled. ]
< [ Jul 17 22:01:08 Executing start method ("/lib/svc/method/svc-al start"). ]
< hal failed to start: error 1
< [ Jul 17 22:01:16 Method "start" exited with status 95. ]
<
< So about 35 seconds after it is enabled the start method runs, and then 8
seconds later it exits unsuccessfully.
<
< As I mentioned in another reply further down, if I try to start hal manually
I get a segmentation fault almost immediately after running the command (well,
immediately in terms of seconds, but hal does make some progress in detecting
quite a few devices before it quits)

  Can you get a pstack from the core ?
    # pstack core.hald

< --
< This message posted from opensolaris.org
< opensolaris-discuss mailing list
< opensolaris-discuss@opensolaris.org