Hello,

I have a Solaris 10u6 x86 iSCSI Initiator connected to an iSCSI target.  The
iSCSI Target has two ethernet ports, with it's on Target Name.  The initiator
is connected to both target ports, seeing the same lun.  MPxIO shows there are
two paths to the LUN, using "Round Robin" load balancing.  On the target side,
I disabled one port, however, for a minute I see no IO being sent to the
alternate target port (path), basically the application stalls.  Then for an
additional 3 minutes, I see IO trickling to alternate port.  Finally the iSCSI
driver marks the part as "offline", and MPxIO reports number of path to device
has gone done to 1 from 2, and I get good throughput through the alternate port.

My question is, why does the IO stall to practically zero for one minute when I
disable the port on the target side.  I a guessing this stall is in the iscsi
driver and not in the MPxIO.  Is there a document/link that explains this
behavior and how to "modify" it.  Thanks in advance.

-Ahmed.