On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 7:27 AM, Malte Hahlbeck
<malte+sola...@gissmo.net> wrote:
> They write about "Solaris". Does this statement include OpenSolaris, or do
> they talk about a proprietary Solaris?

I rarely quote him, but this time I do:

http://ianmurdock.com/

“It goes to 11″
June 2nd, 2009

I’m reading the news from CommunityOne yesterday, and it seems most
people missed what I think was the biggest news: That John Fowler
revealed that OpenSolaris 2009.06 is “the preview release of the next
major release of Solaris”. (Yes, I and others have suggested this
would be the path forward for Solaris—eventually—but this, to my
knowledge, is the first time it’s been “official”.)