On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 5:11 PM,  <casper....@sun.com> wrote:

>>I tried also with format (on an Opensolaris 64-bit where I can see th=
>>disk), then connected the disk back on the 32-bit system, same error.
>>
>>Any other ideas?
>
> Disks > 1TB will just not work on a 32 bit Solaris.
>
> Casper

Casper:  Then this is a painful bug.

Vassilis: Let me reboot into 32bit mode when I arrive at home (in a few hours).
Then I will be surprised how the situation with my external 1.5TB
disks will look like.
If nothing can be done out of the box, maybe we can deliver a
workaround-patch for VTOC stuff.

Bright engineers have worked on that, so chances for a quick solution
are not very high. But at least let's have at look at it and let us
check, if we might be able to do something - whether in clean design,
or "quick'n dirty".

%martin