On 25/09/2009, at 10:45 AM, Errol Neal wrote:

I admit, it does not take very much to confuse me, but I think I'm at my limits here.

I realize SCXE is going away. I know there are some features that are not available in Opensolaris (Indiana). What I don't know is if:

1. The Dev Build of OpenSolaris contain all the features of SCXE.

Yes, more or less. There may be some software in SXCE that isn't yet available in OpenSolaris. This is due to the fact that OpenSolaris is re-distributable by design. Some of that software is available in the extra repository (https://pkg.sun.com), some isn't yet. Some you probably wouldn't even miss.

2. If a method exists to "upgrade" from SCXE to Opensolaris

A method exists, but isn't yet supported.

http://blogs.sun.com/edp/entry/moving_from_nevada_and_live

(and other google searches)

will help.

Glynn