I agree with you, but only I could say is that OpenSolaris project isjust 4
years old and we have releases since 2008, so everything isunder heavy
development. Also, keep in mind that SUN has beenbought by Oracle and currently
is process of this acquisition incompany itself, so your ideas will be on the
desk at some point oftime next year.
Of course if you would like to make some contribution to code,or write your
ideas in one document, you are more than welcometo do so - just find proper
community/project inside os.o andsend them. They will hear it for sure and you
will be informed morewhen you could expect those features integrated in
OpenSolaris.
We need more active users like you.
Uros

"Every kind of peaceful cooperation among men
 is primarily based on mutual trust and only
 secondarily on institutions such as courts of
 justice and police."

 - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)