From: c...@opensolaris.org
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 23:56:07 +1100
To: opensola...@bluewin.ch
CC: opensolaris-discuss@opensolaris.org; a...@rsu.ru
Subject: Re: [osol-discuss] OpenSolaris: insecure or unstable ?

I've signed for both my laptop and desktop and put a pointer to the poll on my
blog too, lets hope the right people pay attention...

Che

2009/10/18 Mika Borner <opensola...@bluewin.ch>

Che Kristo wrote:

Totally agree with this...forking out 324 USD a year for each of my systems
(laptop + workstation) per year is just too much. A basic support option just
for security fixes etc at a reasonable price would fill that hole well. Call me
cynical but Sun will probably ignore this and keep on ignoring the fact that
not everyone is and "enterprise" grade user.

Maybe we just have to push them :-)

Here's a poll I've set up: http://www.doodle.com/3ev8fvdxn7yghr84

I'm targeting private, non-corporate users with this poll, who just want
security patches/bug fixes.

Personally, I'm fine paying a small fee. But hey, USD 324 is too much, I have a
family to feed :-)

Maybe Sun starts to smell the money, if we get lots of participants in this
poll who want to spend some cash... ;-)

Cheers

Mika