Same problem here, kernel panic vfs_mountroot: cannot mount root after LU from
b106 to b123 or b124.
This may be interesting: I have completely different hardware, hp xw6400 with
intel 5000x chipset and lsi sas controller using mpt driver. This is sxce with
ufs root.

I tried to upgrade because of usb problems with card readers and cameras,
otherwise b106 is very stable. I somehow fear to convert to opensolaris because
of zfs root combined with boot adventures on my box (playing with
acpi-user-options, disabling onboard sata ports, etc). I'm more used to
repairing boot problems on ufs root.

So I'm looking forward to end of october (sxce will be eol) with mixed
feelings. I may end up going back to Solaris 10 or even Linux.

Cheers,
Michael