On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 04:54 -0700, sridhar wrote:
> come out of commands man.

Please don't be patronizing and insulting.  That won't do anything to
aid your point.

>  This is not 70s or 80s. Even for such a simple thing like creating
> directory, don't make a user go thru this. I am the owner of the sys.
> I know what I do even if I create/modify/delete a dir/file.  I don't

Every single user believes this.  Even the two million users around the
world currently participating in botnets without their knowledge.

>  intentionally do anything to sys related dirs/files. What I want is
> ability to create directories. Keeping all my files in home directory

What's stopping you?  At the very most, you need to briefly dip into the
CLI to create the directory you want and assign yourself ownership using
pfexec.  I've done this myself... /opt/bofh is owned by me, and I do
application installations into it, with the extra piece of mind knowing
that some clumsy Makefile isn't going to drop a file into the OS where
it doesn't belong (and yes, I've run into multiple instances of that...)

>  which sits in the same partition as operating system installation
> partition is the worst thing. Best thing is to login thru root. I have

This is absolutely the same as Windows.  Windows 7 and Vista both place
c:\Users on the OS partition.  You need to hack around - including the
obscure MMC gui - to get them off.

Logging in as root is absolutely the worst thing.  It turns a simple
mistake into a disaster.  I realize your experience in this is limited,
since I believe you've stated you're a simple developer, but I'd point
out to you again that even Microsoft is trying to get users to let go of
doing everything as Administrator.

> Amount of Paper is reduced. I want to use file browser in open solaris
> rather than CUI.

Again, what's stopping you?  I use the file browser all the time,
although I still prefer the command line.