Shawn Walker wrote:

Gavin Maltby wrote:
Hi,

solarg wrote:
hello all,
i have a web app that do a huge use of perl modules.
After upgrading, my app is broken, and i notice:
r...@koha2:~# /usr/perl5/5.8.4/bin/cpan
IO object version 1.21 does not match bootstrap parameter 1.23 at /usr/perl5/5.8.4/lib/i86pc-solaris-64int/XSLoader.pm line 91.

I suspect pkg damage.  I think someone else reported a similar
experience.

And to be clear, that package damage is likely the result of using CPAN

are you saying that it is a bad practice, adding modules in the bundled perl? the app here is koha (www.koha.org) and a huge use of perl modules. I'm one of the two people running this app in opensolaris in the world. Does it mean that this is a bad choice and have to return the linux way?

to install and manipulate files modules. pkg verify or pkg fix should be able to either tell you what is wrong or fix what is there.

Yes, "pkg fix SUNWperl584core" was the answer for me.

thanks

gerard