On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 22:41:21 +0100, Shawn Walker <swal...@opensolaris.org> wrote:

As I already said, -r does what you said for --upward. Look at the output of 'uninstall -nrv'.

I am sure You already mistook only because of my bad explanation.

~%=> pfexec pkg uninstall -nrv SUNWfirefox 21:32 pts/2
Creating Plan -Before evaluation:
UNEVALUATED:
-pkg://Development/sunwfire...@0.5.11,5.11-0.127:20091111T052250Z

After evaluation:

[... I deleted here about 38 lines...]

pkg://Development/sunwgnome-help-vie...@0.5.11,5.11-0.127:20091111T060422Z -> None
pkg://Development/sunwfire...@0.5.11,5.11-0.127:20091111T052250Z -> None
Actuators:
      restart_fmri: svc:/system/manifest-import:default
      restart_fmri: svc:/application/desktop-cache/gconf-cache:default
      restart_fmri: svc:/application/desktop-cache/icon-cache:default
      restart_fmri: svc:/application/desktop-cache/mime-types-cache:default
      restart_fmri: svc:/system/rbac:default
~%=> 21:33 pts/2

Now let see what say -nrv for gnome-help-viewer:

~%=> pfexec pkg uninstall -nrv SUNWgnome-help-viewer 21:33 pts/2
Creating Plan -Before evaluation:
UNEVALUATED:
-pkg://Development/sunwgnome-help-vie...@0.5.11,5.11-0.127:20091111T060422Z

After evaluation:
pkg://Development/sunwgnome-help-vie...@0.5.11,5.11-0.127:20091111T060422Z -> None
Actuators:
      restart_fmri: svc:/application/desktop-cache/gconf-cache:default
      restart_fmri: svc:/application/desktop-cache/icon-cache:default
~%=> 22:48 pts/2

If -r == -R (--upward) then where is the Firefox?
--upward-recursive is the option to tell package manager to recurse upwards through dependencies. In the case of use on gnome-help-viewer, Firefox would be uninstalled.

You could certainly execute 'uninstall -rv SUNWfirefox' now, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Yes, I can, but it will uninstall more packages than I want.
I wish to remove only the Firefox package. Not with a manual deleting of each file installed by Firefox package, but with a simple command.

There are no plans to implement -f at this time; it has been discussed.

Times vary, as well as plans. I patient and able to wait.

Wbr,
--
Üdvözlettel,
http://opensolaris.org/os/project/indiana/