hello<br>
we all know, that opensolaris does not support as much hardware than windows or
linux. the opensolaris hcl is not really helpful, if you are looking for a
hardware without too much problems.
in my case, i was looking for a current medium-priced micro-atx server
mainboard, suitable for basic - up to high-power vmware and storage needs  that
should be under 500,-- euro together with quadcore xeon cpu and 2GB RAM.
my demands:<br>
- micro atx with new server chipset intel 3420 on socket 1156<br>
- quadcore xeon cpu X3400 or low power L-series<br>
- ecc-memory up to 32 gb <br>
- onboard: 6 x sata + 2 x intel nic 1 gbe + vga <br>
- 3 free pci-e-8x slots  (to use it for 2 x 8 channel SAS + 10 Gbe)<br>
i tested and use now supermicro's X8SIL-F and for me it seems to be a
perfect<br>
candidate for a reference hardware for a napp-it zfs server. if you also use
this mainboard and you<br> discover any problems with it, please tell me.<br>
more see <a