Volker A. Brandt wrote:
> Happy new year every1!
>

>> 130 is the final SXCE release planned though, as previously announced.
>
> Which is too bad, really.  Maybe the infrastructure to build SXCE
> can be kept in place a little bit longer.  The final release of SXCE
> could then be cut in sync with the official OS 2010.02 release.

The problem is it's dividing our attention - by ending SXCE at 130, that
concentrates all testing and development on OpenSolaris for builds 131-136
for the OpenSolaris 2010.03 release.   And once ON converts it's gate to
build IPS packages instead of SVR4, it won't be possible to build SXCE
anymore, since they're not planning on maintaining two sets of packaging
metadata in the ON gate.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersm...@sun.com