* Peter Tribble (peter.trib...@gmail.com) wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 9:24 PM, Glenn Lagasse <glenn.laga...@sun.com> wrote:
> >
> > Or, just use automated installer images produced on or after build 130
> > as they are now bootable on both SPARC and x86 and can perform an
> > automated installation using a default AI client manifest directly from
> > the media.  This new functionality of the AI images was introduced in
> > build 130 and gets around the 'bootstrap' issue for locations that are
> > strictly SPARC shops (ie there wasn't a way to bootstrap opensolaris on
> > SPARC if you didn't have AI setup on your network somewhere).
> >
> > http://blogs.sun.com/aalok/entry/automated_installer_from_media
>
> That gets round the wanboot limitation, so you can boot, but does it
> include the packages or do you need a repository? And if the latter,
> where do you get the repository iso from?

You need a repository, specifically the client manifest included on the
media points at pkg.opensolaris.org

http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/caiman/slim_source/usr/src/cmd/auto-install/default.xml

Of course you can supply your own AI client manifest once the image is
booted (the first grub option will ask you for the location of your own
manifest which you can specify as an http url).

As for the repository iso, one based on 2009.06 (not very useful for
installing from build 130) can be found at:

http://genunix.org/dist/indiana/osol-repo-0906-full.iso

This is the entire image as a 7.1Gb file.

I don't believe they are releasing the repo images for dev builds.  But
I'm not the authority on that.

Cheers,

--
Glenn