Joerg Schilling wrote:
> My impression is that Sun is currently leaving the server market by ceasing
> the
> distribution of Solaris Express while the supposed successor (Indiana) is not
> ready for either he server market or the desktop.

That would be incorrect, since Solaris 10 has been and continues to be Sun's
server OS.   Solaris Express Community Edition was explicitly for the
OpenSolaris community to be able to build the OS and test the latest bits -
since it's no longer needed for either of those, and in the near future will
no longer actually work for either of those purposes, it's no longer needed.
That other people used it for other reasons is unfortunate, but has never
been part of the SXCE goals.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersm...@sun.com