All,

Apols - new laptop keyboard causing trubs with my typing. "avopen" and "Solaris 8a" being gross examples.

Regards... Sean.

Ed,

Well, I'm glad SUN decided to open source solaris years ago. Does anybody know if opensolaris will remain under the CDDL?

I was part of when Sun made avopen bits of Solaris 8a decade ago (the only Solaris source availability thus far - outside OpenSolaris). I hope and trust that OpenSolaris will remain in its current state under Oracle. I have also just emailed the office of Larry E in a (futile?) attempt to elicit any more details on our behalf. I expect no response though ;-)

Regards... Sean.