Shawn,

That helped.  I did publish dev, but I called it dev.  When I published as
opensolaris.org, it found both the entire package at both "dev" and
"opensolaris.org".  After deleting "dev" things progressed.

The good news is that it came up without rebooting in build 128a.
Unfortunately, things were messed up in different ways.  In any terminal,
characters didn't show up when I typed, and even "ls" came out really strangely
formatted.  No problem, I figured I'd ssh in and figure out what was happening.

ssh just hung where the prompt should have been and wouldn't respond to
anything.  I had to kill the terminal session.  I could ssh as root, so I
decided to see if I could figure things out.

Bottom line is that things were bad:
sshd: libgss dlopen(/usr/lib//gss/mech_spnego.so.1) ... file not found

There were also lots of GLib-CRITICAL messages, fmd repair events, and so on.

I went back to 111b.  I guess in March I'll play the same trick that I did to
get me from SXCE to OSOL.  Break the root mirror, install a stable version of
OSOL and, if things look good, mirror the drive again.  This way I can get back
to 111b by booting the other drive if things don't work.

Gary