I suspect George represents a large new user community who are faced with a
steep learning curve when learning a new os such as Opensolaris.My personal
view is that the repository gives a much easier path to install software which
is very much welcomed by the user.The more recent unstable development builds
are showing greater usablility.But Opensolaris is still work in progress.Both
hardware and software is growing.My view is that this OS is still aimed at the
average to advanced users as it is an enterprise system aimed at the
desktop.Some windows programmes are also available on opensolaris by using Wine
available from the repositories.The forthcoming release will be a further step
forward and is well worth telling you colleagues about.