> http://www.internetnews.com/dev-
> news/article.php/3867776/Oracle+Says+OpenSolaris+Will+Stay+Open+Source.
> htm

The above link references the "real" article, which is:
http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3867771/OpenSolaris-Alive-
and-Well-at-Oracle.htm

I think people are listening with too strong a "wishful thinking" ear.  I
think peoples' responses thus far focus too much on phrases "Oracle will
continue to make OpenSolaris available as open source, and Oracle will
continue to actively support and participate in the community," and "will
continue to contribute technologies to OpenSolaris."  And "OpenSolaris end
users and contributors will find things mostly unchanged as a result of the
Oracle acquisition."

I think people need to listen a little more closely:

"future commercial support options for OpenSolaris might be more limited."

"Solaris is our focus, on both SPARC and x86."

"There may be some things we choose not to open source"

Here's how I interpret all of this:  I think they're shifting some
percentage of developers from opensolaris to solaris.  Instead of letting
opensolaris lead the way, and "trickle down" with open source contributions
to solaris ... Solaris will lead the way, and contributions will trickle
down to opensolaris, sometimes closed source.

But the good news is:  Development efforts and valuable contributions
continue for both.  Hopefully they'll start by taking all the ways
opensolaris is more advanced than solaris ... and incorporate them into
solaris.