Ian Collins <i...@ianshome.com> writes:

[...]

>> Bacula and Amanda are the two "big"  OpenSource backup utilities,
>> both of which work quite nicely with both UNIX and Windows clients.
>> Both have a commercial version available (including support) for a
>> reasonable fee. Neither are currently available from the Sun/Oracle
>> master OpenSolaris repositories (either main or dev). Both are
>> available through Blastwave.org as IPS packages, however.
>>

> If it works.  It appears to have down for a while.

I was able to compile it successfully after messing around with
./configure flags to get it to find mysql.h.

So should have a working build now....

Now comes the hard part of learning to use.. Bacula... as I recall from
a go around with it about 2-3 yrs ago... it was quite a difficult and
complex tool.

I think there has been quite a bit of progress with the clients for
install on windows machines... and no doubt in every other way too.