On Tue, 2010-03-23 at 04:46 -0700, Mike DeMarco wrote:
> just got this in from Sun Sales rep.

[snip the royal arse fsck'ing by Oracle]
> VI. Service Portfolio Details:
>        http://www.oracle.com/us/support/systems/operating-
>        systems/index.html
>        http://www.oracle.com/us/support/systems/premier/index.html
>        http://www.oracle.com/us/support/systems/advanced-customer-

Now just got to those links, call the 800 number, and actually try to
buy support.

This from one of my "I told you so" buddies who has a way with hitting
the nail squarely on the head:

"Why the surprise?

A 'remainderman' buys a dying livery stable (SunSoft) just before it goes
bankrupt.

He decides to render the overage horses into dog food and glue - least
productive ones first.

Meanwhile, converting the clientèle into customers for his rental fleet of
cheap, perpetually broken, but heavily chrome-plated bicycles.

Many victims would bitch that they can no longer ride the aged horses, have to
pay a higher price and use more muscle power to operate the creaky and
overweight bicycles, and that the service cost is outrageous.

Others would ignore the faults, brag about their association with a big-name
vendor, and try to convert others to share their misery.

Show business is all Larry has to work with, it has made him rich, he doesn't
know any other business but the clever name-branding of inferior goods and
services to be sold at inflated prices. And the 'Islam' and 'Scientology' scams
are already taken, so he can't go there.

In due course, his bicycle fleet will be treated the same way by some other
remainderman.

Larry, of course, has a 50-50 chance between living an uber-rich retirement on
the proceeds he's extorted from fools lo these many years. Or dying young(ish)
from choking on his own viciousness. I'd bet on the latter, but I don't really
care. Never did."

Adios Solaris.  Long live OpenSolaris.  Yeah, right, like Larry's going to let
that happen....  Next.....

--
Ken Gunderson <kgund...@teamcool.net>