I almost built my infrastructure on OpenSolaris and Solaris but am glad I
decided to opt for FreeBSD and OpenBSD instead.

There are way too many problems with OpenSolaris anymore that it wasn't
reliable.  Now throw in the 90 day evaluation and then buy costly support is
icing on the cake.

It would be funny if Oracle decided to rescind the open binary licenses and
then OpenSolaris would be left with nothing.

I've used FreeBSD for 10 years and they may miss their release date like the
did with 8.0 and have a number of release candidates, but I've never
experienced any problems with an RC like I did with OpenSolaris.  OpenBSD
releases like a clock.

Anyway, I needed servers and OpenSolaris was built for desktops and laptops.
For a quality alternative to OpenSolaris, look at switching to FreeBSD and/or
OpenBSD!  You'll be glad you made the switch!!