Svein Skogen <sv...@stillbilde.net> wrote:

> On 29.03.2010 11:52, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > bsd <mascotgr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >> OpenSolaris has some nice technologies, but with FreeBSD you can run zfs.
> >
> > This is an incorrect claim, Opensolaris runs zfs. Please try to avoid
> > missleading claims.
>
> I suppose what he meant was "FreeBSD too has zfs" (but an older version
> currently).

This is obvious for many people but it may not be obvious for all on this list.

> But I suppose the issue here is that there are quite a lot of bitterness
> from people who _HAD_ a perpetual license for Solaris (issued by Sun),
> and now have nothing of the sort, unless they hand over a lot of money
> to Oracle, both for hardware, and a service-agreement.

As mentioned several times before:

Solaris 10 is not OpenSolaris and people might be unhappy with changes on
Solaris 10 but this is not our (OpenSolaris) task.

Jörg

--
 EMail:jo...@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       j...@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)