Bart Smaalders <bart.smaald...@sun.com> writes:

[...]

>>> Also "smbios", and "scanpci" (in /usr/bin/X11/ on Solaris-10).
>>>
>> Nice...
>>
>> I think most or maybe all that same info is available buy running the
>> program `Device Driver Utility'. However see below for what happens
>> here.
>>
>> Does anyone know the keyboard command to run the:
>>
>>     Device Driver Utility

[...]

>> So how can I start it from the cmdline?
>>

> ddu as root...

Well since the X session is not owned by root I get an error about not
being able to open the display but its followed by what looks like a
python error:

 # ddu
 Xlib: No protocol specified

 /usr/lib/python2.6/vendor-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:57: GtkWarning:
could not open display
  warnings.warn(str(e), _gtk.Warning)
 Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/ddu", line 53, in <module>
    import pynotify
 ImportError: No module named pynotify

And trying with pfex from the user whos X session it is:

   pfexec ddu

  Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/ddu", line 53, in <module>
    import pynotify
  ImportError: No module named pynotify

This is with build 133