Using a laptop and have an external 23" monitor connected.  The laptop has a
resolution of 1366x768 and the external has a resolution of 1920x1080.

It sees both, but when I try to set the external I get a message "screen cannot
be larger than 1920x1920 (desired size 3286x1080)".  Using xrandr in BSD I can
set Virtual in xorg.conf which fixes the problem.  I saw there was bug for this
same problem in something like build 121 but I'd think it's resolved by now.