On 04/18/10 09:45 AM, Bob Palowoda wrote:
I have rather a basic question.  Considering IPS is a core technology of
OpenSolaris distribution and is a key component of any future release of
Solaris for Oracle.  Does Oracle plan to distribute their Oracle DB and other
supporting applications with IPS?
Concerning Oracle DB or other supporting applications are really out of the scope for this alias. I couldn't imagine anyone who works on Oracle DB is subscribing to this list actively.

-Ghee
  If not is their a general statement that Oracle will only officially declare
that the SVR4 packaging will be the only way for product distribution in the
future?

---Bob