> The vbox ticket #6181 have no help.
>
> And the problem isn't fixed.

Hmm, seems I found something...

In the guest window's "Machine" -> "Auto-resize Guest Display"
menu item ("Host-G" keyboard shortcut): is the menu item
enabled, and does it show a checked icon?

I just repeated the installation of the guest additions
in my old opensolaris b132 guest (the one from vbox
ticket #6181), this time with vbox 3.1.8 running on
opensolaris build 134. The problem is that the
"auto-resize guest display" option is not checked after
the guest additions are installed and I log out from
the gnome desktop and re-login.  All I have to do is
to issue a "Host-G" command, and the guest window
is automatically adjusted.

So it seems that the problem is that under certain
unknown conditions the "auto-resize guest display"
option is not checked...