> > From: opensolaris-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org
> [mailto:opensolaris-
> > discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of
> Edward Ned Harvey
> >
> > You suck, quit whining unless you're being
> productive somehow.
>
> I apologize for using this language.
>
> This is a discussion list, where people want to
> either talk about an OS
> because they like it for various reasons, or they
> want to learn more about
> it.
>
> The discussion "who is ready to be let down" is not
> included in any of the
> reasons anybody joined this list.  It serves one
> purpose only, which is to
> try and convince people to get off of this OS.  It's
> not a welcome
> discussion, but it is a free world.  Feel free to
> engage in such
> discussions, but if you do, expect backlash and
> defensiveness.  I had a bad
> reaction, and my only defense is to say "it was a
> reaction."

Thanks.  Oracle also provides a VirtualBox Solaris 10 10/09 Appliance Image in
Open Virtual Format (OVF):

https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_SMI-Site/en_US/-/USD/viewproductdetail-start?productref=virtualbox-s10u8-x86-...@cds-cds_smi

This is a standard default installation of the Solaris 10 10/09 Operating
system, which means that it only has the posix-C local installed.  To show,
say, Chinese characters, the user must install appropriate locales.  I forgot
how to do that, but if I was able to do it, it should not be very difficult.