Ken Mays wrote:
> What many people know, but maybe not common knowledge, is that Oracle
> provides the kernel releases - but the larger scale wrk of providing the
> distros is up to the community.

So it means that dev repository will be decommissioned or given up to the
community to manage? So far I think the community didn't have such impression.
Does it make sense to expect that Oracle should issue some official statement
about it? This kind of situation with the distro which you call "many people
know, but may be not common knowledge" is not really normal. So far the
freezing of the dev was explained with some arguments like "making QA to focus
on the release" which don't really make any sense. If Oracle drops public dev
repo for good (what looks like happening) - it can be stated clearly and
officially without assumptions which are not a common knowledge.

Regards,

Hillel.