> We've run XEN here on b134 very successfully, and it
> came with opensolaris (or at least, you can just go
> 'pkg install $module'.
>
> We ran b134 as the dom0, and we tested:
>
> osol_119
> osol_134
> Sol 10u8
> centos_5.3
> Windows 7
> FreeBSD 7.2
> Win2k3_srv
> ubuntu 9.10
>
> as domU.
>
> The "production test" environment is all on XENs now.

I'm not very fond about xen  virtualization because,  if the  hypervisor  has
bugs  it might  bring the entire stack down( host OS along with the guest)
where as if virtualization was being done through something like virtualbox and
if their were any  any bugs.  most likely it  would only affect the guest OS
and  not   the host OS. but i think virtualization itself  is   a can of
problems because,  the  unit  will be running mutiple kernels at the  same time
and i think that   increases the risk of having many, many  bugs where security
might become an issue.

Regards
eam1