I was able to download the latest studio express version today with no
problems. I doubt they're planning to close the program but maybe maintaining
the download facility for a 'special' non-latest version for non-Solaris 10 is
a different matter.
Perhaps a real target for Illumos is to maintain Solaris binary compatibility
and sort out the build nightmare so that ON can be built by the latest Studio
compiler for Solaris 10, rather than requiring an OpenSolaris-specific version
of Studio. I think this would be welcomed upstream too.
Of course, it's easy to say - maybe if it was as easy to do it would already be
done...