On 5 Aug 2010, at 10:12, Ian Collins wrote:

>>> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/sunst
>>> udio/downloads/studio12-update1-136165.html
>>>
>>> Ohh, yes, that works perfectly! Nice, thanks :-)
>>>
>> Not for me, any full SunStudio (Express downloaded fine, though).
>>
>> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/sunstudio/downloads/index.html
>>  still shows "Free Download"; from here onwards when I select any of the
>> options to download, I am lead to the login page; using my personal
>> credentials I always get "User not authorized" on
>> http://sunsolve.sun.com/messageHandler.do ...
>>

> That's odd, it works for me with my subscription free login.  The patches are
> still available as well.

I'm getting "User Not Authorized" for all SunStudio downloads - for the normal
release and the patched releases needed for building OpenSolaris. Maybe there's
something cached for my account and not yours?

It does however sound like some accidental web breakage rather than a policy
change, which is reassuring. It'll be more reassuring once I can download it
again, of course :-)

Cheers,

Chris