> +-----------------------------------------------------
> -------------------------
> | On 2010-08-05 19:39:07, Edward Martinez wrote:
> |
> | And i  also like the part that it' says about being
> "package neutral" it would be nice if i could
> "bootstrap" netbsd's pkgsrc on to a illumos base
> install and compile  the packages i want. i'm
> probably a few that prefers pkgsrc over
> rpm,apt-get,yum, but i do like gentoo's emerge:)
>
> pkgsrc works fine on Solaris.
> --
> bda
> cyberpunk is dead. long live cyberpunk.

 So it does! since 1999. Now i gotta try it out on both solaris in
virtualbox.I'm using pkgsrc in DragoflyBSD,slackware and of course on NETBSD, I
love it.  I'll be looking forward for illumos releasing an installable OS based
on ON and i'll slap pkgsrc to it. )

http://www.netbsd.org/docs/software/packages.html#available-packages