We are sys admins of some Sun muchines we've sold to a customer in the Sun era.
A T5120 with a ZFS mirror, had a disk fault, causing cyclic reset of the
machine.
Our hardware guy ran to the customer, disabled the disk and moved it out of the
machine.
Upon reboot the machine started normally, with the remaining disk.
The customer had Sun Silver support.
We called Oracle support to have a substitution disk (we had no spare part of
that size):
- 4 hours with a lady trying to find the support contract...
>- Finally we could talk with a technician, whose 1st response to the problem
>was: >"...why do you run such a shitty hardware? why don't you just change
>it?" (luckily >we were not in open conversation with the customer......)
>- After sometimes of discussion, they told us they would send a techincian to
>put >the new disk.....2 days later! What if it was a mainboard crash???
>- So, our hardware guy had hard times to convince them we did not need the
>>technician but just the disk! We can do the work by ourselves!...but they did
>not >want....do you think I want an unknown technician to come to my customer
>and >work on the machine???

>At last, after almost one day, we had Oracle to send us the disk the next day,
>>and we could resilver the machine....

Not much different than my experiences as an HP/Compaq end user over the years,
even when the part is designated "customer replaceable".

You were lucky to get one so fast. I have waited weeks for a replacement disk -
no stock available.
I solved the issue by keeping a spares inventory.