On 02/09/2010 12:30, Rob McMahon wrote:
 Eric Andersen wrote:
If you want to build the official Oracle ON, I don't know. I think you need access to closed bits of the OS.

If you want to move to the Illumos ON, there are instructions here (at least to get you to 145, not sure about 146):

http://illumos.org/projects/illumos-gate/wiki/How_To_Build_illumos

I've just been trying this, and it all went without a hitch up to the point where you're supposed to reboot into 145. I have not errors, and I'm in the new boot environment:

os-devel_145     NR     /          86.05G  static 2010-09-02 11:42

but uname still says snv_134, which doesn't sound right to me. I'm going to continue with the code download and build, but I'm suspicious now.
Okay, sorry to reply to myself, but I think this is terminal. `dmake setup' fails with

ld: fatal: .../illumos-gate/usr/src/common/mapfiles/common/map.noexstk: 31: expected a `=', `:', `|', or `@'
*** Error code 1
dmake: Fatal error: Command failed for target `cw'

This line is

$mapfile_version 2

So I suspect I'm running an old version of ld.  `ld' is

ld: Software Generation Utilities - Solaris Link Editors: 5.11-1.1689

Can someone confirm that this should have been updated with the move from 134 -> 145, and let me know what version the ld in that release should be. onu.sh under the new BE says "No updates available for this image".

Any tips (even a "works for me" sent to me off list would be an encouragement to go back and see where I went wrong).

Cheers,

Rob

--
E-Mail: rob.mcma...@warwick.ac.uk               PHONE:  +44 24 7652 3037
Rob McMahon, IT Services, Warwick University, Coventry, CV4 7AL, England