> I certainly hope the terms of the settlement are
> released.
> Keeping it secret would conspire to cast FUD on all
> other
> distributions incorporating ZFS or considering it;
> most of
> which would be targeted at folks well below the
> Fortune 500,
> which means those not wealthy enough to qualify as
> Oracle customers
> anyway. :-/

Somehow  the Register always knows more then the other news sources;-)

excerpt from news:
"NetApp and Oracle have agreed to dismiss their respective lawsuits against
each other without prejudice. ZFS-using companies such as Coraid and Nexenta
can now go ahead free of the threat of NetApp interference"

"The supposition now is that Compellent, Coraid, GreenBytes and Nexenta can go
back to using ZFS without the threat of NetApp legal action."

I guess since "ZFS"  is released under "CDDL" whom ever  uses it is also
covered. I think what really happen was Oracle told NetApp, if they wanted to
be next  on oracle's companies to buy  list;-)

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/09/09/oracle_netapp_zfs_dismiss/