On 09/11/2010 07:54 PM, Gary Driggs wrote:
On Sep 11, 2010, at 9:09 AM, Cia Watson wrote:

I have one question at the moment:  Will there be ext3 and/or ext4 support? I
have a shared data partition in ext3 that I would need to be able to mount
periodically.
There is already a read only filesystem package that allows mounting of NTFS,
FAT, and ext3 partitions.

http://blogs.sun.com/pradhap/entry/mount_ntfs_ext2_ext3_in
http://watters.ws/mediawiki/index.php/Mount_ext3_drives_in_Solaris
Thanks for the info., I did find an ext3 module and info here:
http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Project+ext3/Quick+howto

So I've had read-write access to a data partition formatted as ext3, I just wanted to make sure there would be similar support in OpenIndiana. I received a reply from Ken M. that there will be support for ext3/4 and NTFS. It's all good.