Hi,

I really think people like you are reading too much into the license and over
reacting. So Oracle is going to give Solaris, Solaris Express, etc away for
free
for non-Production use. They say things like it's free for development,
testing,
etc. Why is this not flexible enough? Hell, just say you're writing a script or
compiling stuff. Do you really think Oracle has time to chase after every
single
copy out there??? I mean come on! You're over reacting like tin-foil hat
paranoid freaktards!

The bottom line is that Oracle wants people to pay if they are using it for
PRODUCTION USE! Will they expect people to pay for updates? I have no doubt
they'll charge support contacts for people who will want daily IPS depot
updates. What's wrong with that? Is that any different from RHEL or AIX? Just
because they don't specifically list using it as a desktop, home media server,
or a toaster, doesn't mean they are after you for money or going to take you to
court. I think some people are taking this license too literally, and that's
just plain stupid. I've read it enough times to say I see nothing wrong with
SA's, developers, testers, enthusiasts using it. So what's the big deal???

Octave J. Orgeron
Solaris Virtualization Architect and Consultant
Web: http://unixconsole.blogspot.com
E-Mail: unixcons...@yahoo.com