On 10/17/10 08:50 AM, Jürgen Keil wrote:

As far as I understand it, the Broadcom AC131 is
the PHY chip attached at the nVidia MCP61 network
controller.  The nVidia MCP61 ethernet controller
should be handled by the Solaris nge driver.  The
device driver utility is reporting that the nge driver
will be used with the nVidia MCP61 device:

http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=502914#502914

Maybe the nge driver needs some special code
to handle the Broadcom AC131 PHY ?

I can't find anything on the Broadcom site about AC131,
but if it is just a PHY connected to the nForce MAC
then the nge code is pretty generic.

On one motherboard I've seen an issue with nge driver
is bringing the PHY out of low power mode after warm booted
from another OS.  Since there isn't device specific code
to handle this, sometimes a cold boot is needed to put
the PHY in a state where it works with the nForce MAC.